Health and Dental
Your profession is demanding. Getting extended health and dental care shouldn’t be.
The costs of health and dental care continue to climb; consequently, if you are not protected with insurance, these expenses can add up fast. A trip to the dentist’s office for a routine visit can easily cost hundreds of dollars, or prescription drug costs for a chronic or major health incident could expose you to significant financial hardship. The safest way to guard against rapidly rising costs is to carry health and dental insurance.
What’s New for 2021
Effective January 1, 2021 the following services are eligible:
- Pharmacogenomics testing
- Services of a Licensed Counsellor included in the Psychological Treatment provision
- Room and board in a rehabilitative facility
OMA Insurance has you covered with both Health and Dental Insurance plans available to medical students, residents, physicians and their immediate family, as well as physician’s office staff. This comprehensive group medical and dental coverage helps you get all the benefits of care without the full brunt of the bill.
Comprehensive CoverageGreat reasons why OMA Health and Dental Insurance works for you:
- Protection for medical services not covered by provincial health insurance
- Emergency out-of-province and country travel medical coverage of up to $2,000,0001
- Coverage for you, your spouse, and eligible dependents
- Convenient online access for claims submissions and to coverage information
Eligibility for Physicians
To be eligible for insurance under the group policy, a physician must be:
- A Member in good standing of the Ontario Medical Association, the New Brunswick Medical Society, the Medical Society of Prince Edward Island or, the Newfoundland and Labrador Medical Association, who is under the age of 79 on the date of becoming insured under the Group Policy; and
- Residing in Canada. Residents of Quebec are eligible only if
- the application form is signed in a province or territory other than Quebec; and
- they agree that the benefits booklet and all other communications will be delivered in a province or territory other than Quebec.
Eligibility for Employees and Family
Permanent, full-time office employees of a member who work a minimum of 20 hours per week, who is under the age of 70 on the date of becoming insured under this policy are also eligible.
OMA Health and Dental Insurance coverage includes: 2
Your coverage information is always close at hand
- Find out what your health plans cover
- Submit claims for instant processing
- Submit a copy of a receipt
- Easily check the status of your claims
- Get help faster by calling us from within the app – we’ll have your plan details ready to go
- Have your coverage cards handy wherever you go, view them on the app or save them to Apple Wallet
- Use the drug-look-up tool to find out how much of your prescription drug costs are covered and more
Find your Health and Dental rates
The Underwriting Process
OMA Insurance works to streamline the underwriting process as much as possible, reducing the complexity and time required to arrange coverage. Here are the steps:
1 Emergency out-of-province (out-of-Canada) medical expenses are covered at 100% up to a $2,000,000 limit per sickness or injury during the first 90 days of travel (30 days for someone age 70 or older), with no restrictions for pre-existing conditions. The usual medical evacuation, trip delay, hotel convalescence, return of automobile, and other travel insurance benefits are included.
2 Additional expenses may be covered. Some restrictions apply.
OMA Health Plus and Dental Insurance policy is underwritten by Sun Life Assurance Company, a member of the Sun Life group of companies. This fact sheet is intended for general guidance and is not a contract. The complete terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions governing the OMA Health, Health Plus, Dental and Dental Plus Insurance coverage can be found in your Benefits Booklet and in the relevant group insurance policy 017884 and issued to the OMA by Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada.
Some conditions apply.