Atlantic Benefits Program
OMA Insurance’s bundled program is available in Atlantic Canada in partnership with the Newfoundland and Labrador Medical Association, Medical Society of Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick Medical Society. We offer a one-time enrolment with no medical evidence at time of application if applying within 90 days of receiving the offer.
What’s included in the Atlantic Benefits Program?
|Health and Health Plus||
|Dental and Dental Plus||
Frequently asked questions
Members residing in Canada, outside of Quebec, are eligible if they are:
- Physicians working at least 15 hours a week
- Retiree members of a medical association/society who are able to perform the Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Under the age of 79 for Health/Health Plus and Dental/Dental Plus
- Under the age of 65 for Critical Illness Insurance
Spouses under the age of 65 are eligible to purchase spousal Group Critical Insurance for $50,000 without submitting medical evidence at the time of application1, provided the spouse is actively at work for at least 15 hours per week or meets the ADLs
Members who do not accept the offer within the limited-time period, outlined above, may apply for Group Health/Health Plus and Critical Illness plans at any other time. However, they will be required to provide medical evidence.
Coverage information is available at your finger tips by visiting mysunlife.ca or using Sun Life mobile app:
- Find out what your health plans cover
- Submit claims for instant processing
- Submit a copy of a receipt
- Easily check the status of your claim
- Get help faster by calling us from within the app — we’ll have your plan details ready to go
- Have your coverage cards handy wherever you go, view them on the app or save them to Apple Wallet
- Use the drug-look-up tool to find out how much of your prescription drug costs are covered and more
Need advice? Our expert insurance advisors are here to help.
One-time enrolment with no medical evidence at time of application if you apply within 90 days of receiving the offer.
Get a quote
1 Diagnosis of a critical illness, such as cancer, heart attack or stroke, must occur after the effective date of coverage and you must complete a survival period (usually 30 days).
2 Based on the current tax laws, the cash benefit from a group critical illness insurance plan will not presently be taxed when the premiums are paid for by you and the benefit is payable to you.
OMA Health and Critical Illness are underwritten by Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada. Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada is the insurer of these products and is a member of the Sun Life group of companies. For inquiries, please call Sun Life’s Client Care Centre at 1-800-758-1641, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET. or visit www.sunlife.ca.
For complete details regarding coverage, please see the terms and conditions of Policies 17884 and 17862. If there is any conflict between this document and the wording of the policies (or the certificate), the wording of the policies will govern. A copy of the policy may be requested.
Premium rates and discounts are not guaranteed and are subject to change upon notice.
Exclusions and limitations may apply.